Ever since Sugar began, I've been struggling to find time to update this blog.
I'm really sorry!
Now that Sugar is close to 5 months, things are more stable & hopefully I will be able to find more time to update my latest works. But over the next few weeks, you can expect lots & lots of posts coming up! :) That is a promise...
Ever since Sugar began, we have been flooded with so many challenges and at the same time, a lot of opportunities! It has been such a wonderful journey ever since the first thought of Sugar came about. It is all quite sudden, really.
1st of August 2010, the thought came about - 2 weeks later, we signed agreement for the shop lot (we knew exactly where we wanted it, hence we saved time in searching for a place). Then we left for a month's backpacking ard asia, came back for 3 weeks before leaving for NEC in Birmingham, UK & London for another 3 weeks & when we got back, Sugar opened 9 days later! Madness I know but I guess that's how I function best :)
Since then, I've never looked back. There's definitely a lot of challenge since I've never done any retailing but with the amazing customers we are getting & from the support of our family & friends, nothing is impossible! Oh not to mention, the suppliers we became friends - never once are they selfish with information. Always ready to guide & teach!
I sometimes question if I'm doing the right thing...
I wonder if I am clouded with the fact that there's so much to do...
but i don't think so...
I think everything about Sugar is where my heart really is at!
I really love Sugar & there's just so many reasons!
Let me try to name few...
1. I love all the products in our store - that's partly because i hand pick all the things i believe in!
2. My family & friends makes it such a fun place - nearly everyday, someone dear will pop by just to hang out or to say hi! Sometimes so many people within a day! I just love them all :)
3. The amount of creative customers we get.... ohhh that push & challenge us to the very max!
4. The opportunities we get! Crazy! Before I can launch something, someone will come in requesting for exactly what I wanna do giving us the opportunity to test them out!
5. There is still so much to do for Sugar, just the thought of it makes me excited :)
Thank you all who have been a part of making Sugar possible - There's just too many names to name. I hope you know who you are :)
Up ahead, I will be off again for 3 weeks to a land I miss so much!
No it's not for holiday...
Instead, it's time for self upgrading! 3 very intensive week!
Really excited about it!
Good things are beginning to happen before I even go :)
1. Managed to get the flight I want at a really good price tho I booked so last minute
2. I will be staying at the most amazing place! The view from my room for the whole 3 weeks is my most favorite view of Sydney!
3. The people at Balmain Wharf Apartments have been so accommodating I already feel at home! Thanks Shinny :)
This will be the view from my room! Is that amazing or what?
Hence I will not be taking any orders for the entire month of May
Madness resumes in June!
Just a note - a lot of dates are quite booked up for both June & July - lots of auspicious date, I think!
There's so much more to tell but I'll leave that to the upcoming posts
(which i promise will be a lot regular!)