Pages

View my photos at bighugelabs.com
weennee. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Thursday, March 27, 2008

All about my 10 days of Self-Upgrading :)

I know many of you have been wondering what I've been up to for the past 2 weeks. I wish I could write more while I was there... unfortunately, the hotel I was staying in charges RM60 per day for internet! Not being in the room for abt 10 hours each day... just makes it so-not-worth it.

I was not too far away actually. I was just down in KL attending a course at French Culinary in Asia. A class which I have attended before last year. I really like how the master chef Jean- Francois Arnaud teaches; that's why I'm attending it again. Of course on different subjects.... What I enjoy most about the classes is the fact that we get to do everything together with the chef. Hands on all the way! Very tiring but a great experience :) Met lots of really good bakers, pastry chefs and not to forget, celebrity chefs! All whom are really nice and not selfish with information. Learn a lot from everyone! Thanks guys! You will all be mentioned in the upcoming posts :)

The class is quite small enabling us to learn better! In total, i took 5 different course - chocolates, petit fours, boutique cakes, trendy cakes & tarts and last but not least savoury pastries! I took over 2000 pictures [was nick-named the paparazzi by the chef] and now , the only reason why my postings will be slow is because.... I don't have time to go through the pictures! Stay tuned!

No comments: